Climate Crisis

Climate Crisis

Recurring record breaking weather events such as fires, hurricanes, and flooding have become common news. Pollinators like monarch butterflies and honey bees are in decline. Research now indicates that North America's bird population has decreased by 30% in 40 years. And NEWSFLASH! You can be part of the solution.

Take Action

+  3 BillionBIrds.ORG #BringBirdsBack
    -----------------------------------------------
+  Million Pollinator Gardens Network
    -----------------------------------------------



Sunday, March 25, 2018

Migration Continues - Another Weekend of Briding

I made it out birding this weekend to continue to document Spring's migration. Duck migration is in full force. Redheads, Hooded Merganzers, Buffleheads, Mallards, Northern Shovelers, and Ringed Neck Ducks. Plover and sandpipers too perhaps: Killdeer, Wilson's Snipe, and a Least Sandpiper. And the blackbirds: Red Winged Blackbirds, Common Grackles, Eastern Meadowlarks, and Brown Headed Cowbirds.

Sparrows around have changed. I still see Dark Eyed Juncos in my lawn but not so much when I'm out int he parks. However the Song Sparrows are everywhere.

I even saw my first Eastern Bluebirds today while down by the Sugar River.

Here are some of my pictures from the Sugar River and Goose Lake from the weekend.



The Bald Eagle continues to sore above Goose Lake.


Sandhill Crenes by the river. I counted 9 total this morning.


Ringed Neck Ducks in Goose Lake


Killdeer near the Sugar River.

No comments:

Post a Comment